This is the first chance that I have had to play around with Blogger. It is pretty fun. This is just an idea of what our blog site might look like. Can anybody guess the Artist? (And no, it's not Marcelle). In our Family while we traveled through Europe admiring the great artists we decided that we wanted to learn more about art. Therefore, we have the Artist of the month. The artist of the month for September is....Mark Rothko (born Marcus Rothkowitz September 25, 1903 - February 25, 1970) . He is an abstract expressionist. There is a room full of his art in the Tate modern. Kimberly is actually the person who introduced me to Rothko. I then studied more of his work in my Humanities 202 class in London.

I like it.

Oh, the Tate. If you haven't been, you gotta go.

Random Paintings

This red is really cool.

The Rothko chapel in Houston. Marcelle and I want to live in Houston someday, and hopefully we can visit this chapel.
His work is pretty simple and that is why many people like him.
For a Wikipedia article, click
here.
2 comments:
I thought that you gave Houston your middle finger when you left.
I love Rothko and I'm so excited for your blog!! Go Team Calder! (I'll be your #1 Cheerleader.)
Scott-I am glad you decided to start a blog-You guys are great! Can't wait to learn about more artists each month!
Post a Comment