Thus far, this semester has been a blast. I am taking 10 credits and working 20 hours a week. This is my smallest load as a student at BYU (well besides the freshman summer of fun). It is great. I have been in 2 exercise science classes: Diving and Gymnastics. Gymnastics is kind of dangerous and I expected to get hurt along the way -- however, I didn't expect to get hurt the 2nd week of class. This Thursday we were practicing swinging our legs around for the pommel horse and I felt a pop in my little toe. After a long series of events (waiting for a break in class, limping to a phone to call Marcelle for a ride [luckily it was her day off], limping to the locker room and going to the Health Center) I found out that I broke my toe. I was bummed, but at least my toe was still attached and I didn't need surgery. The doctor numbed my toe up and then popped it back into place.
The worst part is that I have to be on crutches for the next 2 weeks. It sounds pretty lame when I tell people that I broke my toe, but by following the doctor it will heal and I'll be OK.
The worst part is that I have to be on crutches for the next 2 weeks. It sounds pretty lame when I tell people that I broke my toe, but by following the doctor it will heal and I'll be OK.
2 comments:
Glad it isn't snowing for you to be on crutches! Sorry about the injury-glad you are taking it easy and having a fun semester!
What a nice surprise to have stumbled across your blog. Sorry about the toe... not fun at all. What are you two up to these days?
Post a Comment