25 August 2009

New Apartment, New Job and A NEW APARTMENT!

Okay, So it has been far to long since my voice has been heard (not herd -- like a sheep) on the internet. Since I last posted, we've moved, I got a job and we moved again. My days as a Ski Patrolmen are over -- at least full time anyway. We'll see what winter brings in the way of volunteering as a patrolmen.

The first apartment.


This is somewhere in Holladay, Murray, or Millcreek. Depending on where you look, it is classified as a different city. We signed on this apartment shortly after Talmage was born. It was a quick decision and we felt pretty good about it. Well, until we lived there. Okay truth be told, Marcelle felt like it was our "best" option finacially, and I kind of pushed her into it as we needed to move so I could look for a job.

Reasons to never move there:
  • Even though it is a no smoking complex -- most of the tentants do not abide by the no smoking policy.
  • No storage.
  • Creepy neighborhood (many firetrucks, many police incidents, and even a missing person floating down the river).
  • Bad/no AC
  • Bad/no Heat
  • The windows were never really closed.
  • Who can sleep living on 1300 East.
  • Constant Duck Poop -- did you see the sign in front of the apartment?
  • Did I mention smoke? Yeah, I felt like we were smoking the whole time we lived there.
  • Nasty Peach-colored walls
  • Scarey stairwells infested with spiders and not well maintained.
Good things about it (I guess I need to be a little positive):
  • Good ward.
  • Close to Walmart and the gym (great location -- except that busy street part).
  • Nice big rooms
  • Huge kitchen (at least as apartments go)
  • Pantry closet
Okay, short list of good things, but there were good things about it.

New Job:


(yes, it is an ugly picture of me)

I am working at the University of Utah as a medical assistant in the Department of Dermatology. I am being trained on the job and love it. Each day, I return home with a smile on my face. It only makes me want to be a physician more each and every day. Man -- biopsies and surgeries are sweet.

I work 2 and 1/2 days in Murray and 1 full day and 2 half days at a clinic in Primary Children's medical center. I am the mean person that holds children down as they have the doctor working on them. I kind of like it.

New Apartment:


Did I mention we disliked our apartment? This gem came open and we moved. We love it and are grateful to be living in HOLLADAY! Everyday is a Holiday in Holladay.

1 comment:

Christine Gilbert said...

Everyday is a Holiday being with the three of you!! We love you and are happy that you are now in a good place!!