06 February 2011

we love: being adventurous

So, every December (I know it is February, but I never posted about this) we get together with our friends and have an Elf Party where we watch the classic movie and eat food. Sometimes the food is disgusting, like the year we decided to make the meal that Elf loved which included spaghetti, syrup, poptarts, m&m's, chocolate syrup, etc. For our last Elf Party we decided to make the Cherpumple. Please look at the YouTube video if you have no idea what it is--because it is pretty hilarious. 

First you start with 3 baked pies: Cherry, Pumpkin and Apple
After taking the pies out of the tins, you bake a cake with the pie in the middle

Sometimes it can get messy
After all 3 layers have been baked in separate cakes you frost it!
Then, you eat it. Everyone actually liked it. Try it for yourself--the CHERPUMPLE!
Today is February 6th. We decided to be a little adventurous (not as adventurous as the Chermpumple) and make homemade orange rolls. See, I told you everything we love is about food.


No comments: