21 April 2011

Just when you think you're done...


My final test as an Undergraduate at the BYU testing center did not go as well as I wanted it. In fact, it was rather anticlimactic because it wasn't even during finals. I was happy to say goodbye to this building of where I had plead for divine guidance to help me through another impossible task.

But, since life moves as it does -- I find myself in a similar situation. I am once again awaiting my "final test" at BYU -- hopefully, it sticks this time. Late last year, I decided to take a victory lap at BYU through a Human Anatomy course (for two reasons -- If I got into medical school it would help me prepare for the rigorous first year or if I was rejected, I could say "look at me, I'm not so bad, I even took another class!"). This took a lot of courage for me since I was frightened away from this course by nearly everyone who took it. Gratefully, It hasn't been as awful as I though it would be. We'll see how the final turns out...

Another happy point to the tail is the fact that I will be taking the final in a new sanctuary of prayers in downtown SLC. I think it fits me better -- in fact, my test scores have been much better there. Coincidence? I think not.

Wish me luck!



P.S. I am glad I got into medical school and don't have to worry about revamping my personal statement to plead for entrance into some medical school program somewhere. This class, in the end, really was a victory lap in preparing for my next step: Medical School.

1 comment:

mks said...

"luck" as we like to say.