Within a 1 mile radius there are 20,000 cows that live by us. I guess that explains why sometimes in the evenings it smells like poo outside. T man and I visited the Superstition Farm to learn more about our neighbors: the cows. This farm has 2,000 cows. It doesn't smell...surprisingly. Every few days they extensively clean out the stalls and that is why the smell permeates for miles! I thought we moved to Arizona...not Kansas.
Feeding a baby! That thing sucks hard--you really have to hold on the bottle. This one cow had bottle after bottle after bottle. Funny how they drink milk and also produce it?!?
Petting this extremely fluffy bunny. It just sat on a table and was touched by every child there.
Not too interested in riding a real horse yet...
What is a visit to a farm without a hay ride? Of course T LOVED it!
On the ride we saw...
This calf that was 1 hour old! One hour--wow that is a big baby. By the time we circled around. It was already up and walking. This farm averages 3-5 births each day. The most was 15 in one day.
A farm in Arizona. Who would have thought?










3 comments:
Aren't you and all women in kinda the same boat as those cows? (make milk and drink it)
Totally not anything I would have pictured in AZ! how do the cows handle that heat? Also, I kind of think the halloween house is cooler than all those Christmas houses!
No wonder it smelled like cow poop when it was hot! :) T looks super cute..I'm sure he loved it!
Post a Comment