19 September 2014

sock-less soccer & summer storms

It's official...now I'm a soccer mom!! Talmage has asked for quite awhile to play soccer and we decided to have him start this fall. This season is his first time ever playing an organized sport and he loves it! After the first night T said, "Mom, it was a great day today-- I love soccer!" He couldn't wait until the next week so he could play soccer again. There is no specific team--about 80 kids are split up into groups of 8-10 and they have a 30 minute practice and then 30 minute game. Each group has their own little field with goals, a coach, and assistant/referee. The first week he wasn't too keen on wearing soccer socks over his shin guards, thus the ankle socks. By the second time, he decided he could wear them.
 Talmage was especially excited when Scott was able to come to soccer this past Friday.  I love my little soccer boy!!

 Playing at the playground before soccer



 After the kids went to bed, Morgan and I went outside to see the awesome thunderstorm and I captured this lighting picture (after about an hour of shooting!) Glad Morgan likes watching the storms with me. It reminded me of when we were kids and Mom would take us to "storm watch"... a church parking lot close to the mountains. We'd look over the valley during a storm to see it all across the city. Nature puts on some amazing shows.

No comments: