18 December 2008

NOLA

We had a great adventure visiting New Orleans.
Here are just a few highlights with Mark and Shannon
and their kids!!

Having a fun night on the town. We went and ate some
amazing Cajun food at Copeland's with M&S.
I hung out with Shannon and the kids at the zoo while Scott
was off doing his Project Crawfish

say what??
Benjamin & Grant looking at the animals

a rendition of the bayou

mr. albino (exactly what I look like in the winter)

at the park

no idea what was going on here.
i think that Carston & Jackson
were showing off their muscles

fascinated by the ducks.
sadly, we don't have a picture of Peyton...
sorry about that:(

sculpture garden
monkeys +humans

typical louisiana moss on a tree
claes oldenburg's giant safety pin

shannon and I had a fun time at the art museum.
it was great to talk to her about art.
sweet van.
maybe I can use this idea with my job!

random building in the french quarterfamous beignets
they use 1lb. of powdered sugar
per beignet.
yummy hot chocolate.
it was SO cold walking around
the french quarter
trying to capture some neat architecture...
thanks NOLA Calders for a great trip!!

2 comments:

Kimpossible said...

yess!! Updates. I love all the pictures! Thanks for posting them.

Shannon said...

I didn't see this post until today. It has taken me awhile to figure out that now that your blog is private, I don't get updates on my google reader. Anyway, I love the pictures you took! We had so much fun while you were here! Thanks for coming to visit. We enjoyed every minute with you.