11 February 2009

The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side

This cliche is a phrase that every child hears countless times growing up. It does nothing for me. I learn through experience.

Four quick things I've learned:

Being a student isn't so bad (live it up -- undergrad education is limited).

Working as a professional skier is work -- not play.

Happy valley life isn't as bad as I thought it was. I like my sheltered world.*

Working full time does not create lots of free time.


Moral of the story is, life is meant to be enjoyed (Nearly every minute). So, even though I have to wake up before the sun rises tomorrow -- I better enjoy it. Besides, how many of you get to watch the sun rise and set each day?


*Some may think I am crazy. If living in Happy Valley saves me from the "F" word, I beg to differ.

4 comments:

megan... said...

it is sad how much that word is normal to the rest of the world- I get shell shock when I hear it!

Kelli said...

I read this post a few days ago, and I must say, I agree with a lot of it. I never thought when I moved back to Seattle that I would miss H.V. life, but I totally do (especially hanging out with my awesome cool friends like you guys)! But it's been fun being near family again. And, it's true, as much as I hate working nights, I'm blessed to have a job during this time, and I get to see some pretty cool stuff (mixed in with a lot of gross stuff, too ;)). So, thanks for reminding me that life should be enjoyed!! You guys are amazing people!! I still think you guys need to come and visit me :) and maybe escape happy valley for a few days :).

Aubrey Claybrook said...

I will never graduate.

meagan said...

I fully support this message. But great attitude to have though (: