01 August 2013

Summer in Utah

 We were so lucky to spend the entire month of July with our family and friends. Scott did his first rotation in Provo at an ENT clinic and we all went with him so it worked out perfectly! We made it to Utah on the 4th of July just in time to celebrate my favorite holiday with our families. BBQ, Sugarhouse Fireworks, glowsticks, and swimming never gets old.
 Talmage was in heaven at grandma and grandpa Calders since he could swim every morning (and afternoon and evening if he wanted). One day he was in the pool for 5 hours! What a fish. He never wanted to get out of the pool.
 Our Calder family reunion in Park City was a blast and again Talmage was in heaven that he could have constant entertainment with his cousins he doesn't get to see very often. Everyone in the family got a shirt with a number on it. The number represented when you came into the Calder family. Scott=8 Marcelle=30 Talmage=34 Afton=38
 Some of the highlights of Park City were the Alpine Slide & coaster, swimming, talking and hanging out with family, minute to win it games, and the photo scavenger hunt. Pictured above, the kids are spelling the word Calder (one of the items for the scavenger hunt).
 I had a list a mile long of things I wanted to do in Utah. I've decided that Utah in the summer is the best time ever. Escaping to the mountains was a must since I needed to see as much green as I possibly could. My soul needs it. Silver Lake by Brighton is the perfect nature walk for any age.
 Grandma Shelly and Talmage feeding the ducks.
 We really miss the mountains. Such beautiful scenery.

 Talmage and Zaden love playing together and laugh a lot-especially in a mermaid pool!
 One weekend we went to Idaho to visit Grandma Crockett and I'm so glad we took that trip. I wanted to calculate how many miles these kiddos have been in the car since we left AZ--hundreds and hundreds and hundreds. They are troopers and I guess they have to be since Dad and Mom love adventures and sometimes driving is the only option.
Talmage had fun going to Candy Cane Park and playing with toys at Grandma's. Dad and I snuck away to play some tennis which is always fun.
This red highchair Afton is in is an heirloom and I think it's the greatest. Grandma bought it over 50 years ago so it's a third generation high chair.
 Talmage, Afton and Grandma Crockett
Other memories of our time in Utah. We definitely kept busy:
-Visiting BYU campus. We introduced Talmage to the Talmage building.
-Hiked the Y
-Hogle Zoo
-Aquarium 
-Rode Trax downtown to Trader Joe's
-Pizzeria Limone
-Tracy Aviary
-Bowling
-Date night to the temple
-BYU Museum of Art
-Hawaiian ice
-Pioneer Day floats
-Millcreek Canyon picnic and hike
-Pedicures
-City Creek
-Morning runs
-Field trip to Dad's work
-Late night games (Spot It)
-Yogurtland
-Watching the progress on my parent's house
-Lots of swimming
-Country dancing
Thanks mom and dad and Ann and Jim for housing us for a month. We miss you all!!

No comments: