15 May 2014

Mother's Day Party

For weeks Talmage and his classmates worked hard at something that was a big secret. Talmage kept saying, "We did something at club today....but I can't tell you what it is!!" A couple days before Mother's Day I was invited to a party by Talmage. The day of the party, he greeted me at the door and escorted me in and then proceeded to give me a foot massage with lotion. He was SO excited for me to be there at the party with him. The theme was based on "My Mom makes me HAPPY". There were so many fun details:
-He drew a picture of me that accompanied a photo of him and I in a picture frame he painted.
-Painted smiley faces on the tablecloth and the big banner
-Colored carnations and placed them in a smiley vase to match my frame
-Made fruit kebobs
-Sang a song to all the moms to the tune "Happy" by Pharrell Williams (a current popular song). One part said, "Clap a long if you feel like moms work hard every day."
-We played a game similar to Twister with little balloons. His teacher would say,"nose to hand" and the balloon would be placed between my hand and his nose. It got kind of tricky by the end!
I loved celebrating with him and hope he'll give me a foot massage again soon because as Talmage said, "Your feet are always dry so you need this!" True so true.




No comments: