15 May 2014

Mother's Day 2014

The only thing I asked for this Mother's Day was a picture with the kids. I'm always the one behind the camera (which is what I prefer) but once in awhile I need to be seen with my family! We attended a baptism Saturday night and I thought it would be less painful for everyone to snap a pic then instead of an early church morning where we are always rushing.
It was super windy and the kids weren't too keen on the 5 minute photo shoot, but I'm glad we got a couple that turned out. The other photos have Afton sucking her thumb and crying. Then there's Talmage who doesn't look at the camera and acts like it's the most painful part of his life.
What a blessing these 2 kids are in my life. They teach me a lot of lessons and are very forgiving as well. We like to have fun and learn new things about the world. Right before dinnertime is the hardest time of the day and we often have a dance party while I'm finishing up the cooking. It helps everyone to forget how hungry they are. Afton is much more of a dancer and Talmage blows off some steam with running and frolicking around (probably acting like a Ninja Turtle). No matter what song is playing, he seems to start belting songs from Frozen.
Scott spoiled me with making the meals for the day as well as a bouquet of lilies and a box of dark chocolate caramels.
Years ago I heard something that I often think about:  "The most worthwhile things in life are the most difficult to obtain." Being a mother is rewarding and it takes a ton of hard work. I wouldn't have it any other way. Love these guys to the moon and back!!


No comments: