05 December 2014

snowmen at night

One of our favorite Christmas/winter books is called Snowmen at Night. We're super lucky to know the author & illustrator's daughter, our friend Heidi. We own a couple signed books from the Snowmen series including Snowmen at Christmas.  Talmage and I planned a Snowmen at Night Party and couldn't wait for Scott to get home. Let it Snow in Arizona!!

Here's what we did:
-read Snowmen at Night
-danced to "Do you want to build a Snowman?" and Afton's favorite "Once there was a Snowman"
-played Snowman Slam: a game with the cups shown below and snowballs (aka cotton balls!)
-had a contest with Snow Shooters: foam cups with the end cut off, balloon stretched over and shoot cotton balls (not pictured, but T thought these were the coolest!!)
-French Chocolate and cookies for dessert. Pretty sure we're already on the 4th batch of French Chocolate this season. Scott asked me the other day if I was making another batch and I replied "Definitely YES". I could eat that goodness straight. Ok, so maybe sometimes I eat a spoonful plain before stirring more into the milk. I guess it's the only time of year T and I will drink milk. Afton's not a fan of milk (can't blame her) but maybe next year she'll devour the French Chocolate with us.





1 comment:

Kelli said...

You guys are so fun I can hardly stand it. Don't forget to watch Elf! Love you all!