Our 2014 Halloween costume lineup: Afton loved dressing up as a bumble bee (except she wasn't too keen on wearing the antennae headband and wings all the time, but was pretty good so I could take a few pictures). I used yellow tape on a black shirt, found a yellow striped headband for a dollar and then attached pipe cleaners and Scott found the wings at the dollar store. It turned out darling!
Talmage only wanted to be a Ninja Turtle when we first started brainstorming ideas. So, we put together a ninja turtle costume using a pair of his pajamas (after searching around town, we realized we already had something that was the exact color) and added the details with fabric and of course a shell. Scott created the front shell using a disposable roasting pan and then sprayed foam insulation on the front. After the insulation dried, he chiseled the shell shape and I spray painted it. I loved seeing how happy Talmage was in his costume. He won a costume award at our trunk or treat and was pumped about that.
I dressed up as a witch and tried taking a picture with my phone, but the phone didn't want to cooperate. We really missed having Scott with us for the holiday since he's in Texas on a rotation.
On Halloween we had a ward Trunk or Treat and dinner. Then, we went to a couple houses in the neighborhood and the kids' little orange pumpkins were stuffed to the brim with candy. They truly had a Happy Halloween!!
*notice they're both wearing flip flops. That's Halloween in the 80's/90's for ya!!
01 November 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment